Sunday, August 25, 2013

Teachers have to eat: Grown-up Pizza

With all of the lesson planning and last minute prep before the first day of school tomorrow, I am hungry for some good eats, yet don't have the time or energy to make a gourmet meal (not that I'm even capable of that....). I decided to throw together a grown-up version of an old favorite: pizza. It has a bit of a Mediterranean flavor to it. The 'sauce' is an Artichoke Asiago spread topped with Balsamic chicken, sun dried tomatoes, and spinach. So yummy. And, it's easy!

 Here is what you need. The chicken is leftover from last night's rotisserie, so no cooking required. The Artichoke Asiago dip is from Wegmans (have I mentioned how much I love Wegmans??). If you don't have a Wegmans, I'm sure you can find a similar dip/spread to use. I'm using oil-packed tomatoes, but you could use the dry type. If you'd like to use refrigerated dough or make your own, feel free. 
Preheat oven to 450 degrees (or according to the directions on your crust/dough).

 Saute garlic (I used two cloves) with a dash of oil, then add a little Balsamic Vinegar. No real measurement, I just eyeballed it-- probably about a tablespoon or so. Throw in the pre-cooked chicken and give a good stir. Remove from heat.

 Place pizza crust on pan and spread cheese dip on crust.

 Cut up your tomatoes and throw them on. (If using oil-packed, make sure to drain/dab off as much oil as possible.)

 Add chicken and Italian seasoning if desired.

 I like to cut the spinach before throwing it on. (I know your mouth is watering-- never fear, you're almost done).... Cook are directed on the pizza crust package. (Boli was @ 450 for 8-10 minutes).

 Looks good enough to eat, right?? My goal was for the leftovers to last for three days (lunch), but that's just not happening. It was so good, I needed a little more :) I served with a spinach salad and a glass of red.  Enjoy! Now it's back to lesson planning and prepping for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment