Saturday, June 7, 2014

Notice & Note Summer Book Club


Hello! Although I plan on enjoying my time off from school, I wanted take the opportunity to do a little personal professional development-- no classes or anything official, just a little something for personal enrichment.

This past year "Close Reading" was all the rage and although I gathered some useful info and strategies, I feel that this is an area that I want to explore a little more and plan a bit. I came across a book Notice & Note: Strategies for Close Reading by Kylene Beers & Robert E. Probst. It has some pretty good reviews and has been recommended to me more than once, so I thought this would be a good book to dig into this summer.

This is where you come in at. I'd love to get a group of educators to join me, so that we can have discussions and share ideas. Don't worry, I'm not proposing anything super structured or time (or energy) intensive. Just some casual discussion as we read. As I read, I'll post some questions for each chapter. Feel free to respond on that thread or pose your own questions, discussion topic, thought, or activity/lesson idea.


I've set up an Edmodo page for the book club. Click here to go to the page.
Here's the link address just in case: https://edmo.do/j/ac34ox
The group code is: kcc4fy

Here is the link to the book on Amazon. 

Please invite others to join us!

No comments:

Post a Comment